For $200+HST, We Draft Your Foreign Divorce Opinion Letter -- from anywhere in Ontario
We can draft you a Foreign Legal Divorce Opinion Letter for the low price of just $200+HST. If you were divorced outside Ontario and now want to remarry in Ontario, you need to submit a legal opinion letter about the validity of your foreign divorce. This is required for authorization to remarry in Ontario. We guide you through the process.
A foreign divorce opinion letter is a legal document prepared by a lawyer/solicitor that provides an opinion on the validity and legal recognition of a divorce obtained in a foreign country.
What we need from you...
- Your foreign divorce decree, judgment, or a court-certified copy of same. If your document is in another language, you will need a certified translation.
- Information about whether you or your ex-spouse lived in the foreign country that granted the divorce for at least one year before the divorce was granted and finalized
- Your two pieces of identification (e.g. Driver’s Licence, Passport, Permanent Residence Card, etc., but no health card)
- When you are available by Video Conference, or to come into our office, to show your ID’s and divorce documents
- Your final letter will be mailed to you; there is no need to go anywhere in person.
Other Documents you need to submit
- A Statement of Sole Responsibility signed by both you and your intended spouse. This must be witnessed by one other individual, which can be a friend or acquaintance over 18. We can also witness this for you.
- Marriage Licence Application completed and signed, indicating information about you and your intended spouse
Send all documents, including our letter, directly to:
PO Box 4600
189 Red River Road
Thunder Bay ON P7B 6L8